Sunday, June 21, 2009

Make new friends but keep the old ones ...


Away from home on this Fathers' Day, I must thank my colleague in Kota Kinabalu Newmond for keeping me company. We were at the waterfront just as the sun was going down. It was a fantastic view that would remain vivid in my mind for sometime.
I had arrived in the Sabah capital this afternoon for the 1st Joint Committee on Information and Communication Technology (JC-ICT) Meeting between Malaysia and Papua New Guinea (PNG).
Bernama was roped in as the PNG side had proposed to have exchange of programmes and news between its National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) with us.

As I look forward to meeting the PNG representatives, I cherish the evening chat with Newmond, who has been heading our KK bureau for the last three years.
We spoke about work and non-work stuff. In the process, I learn more about him.
While I get the chance to meet new people as I carry out my job, my friends will always be important in my life. Just as the saying goes:
Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.

No comments: