Friday, December 03, 2004

Becoming a blogger -- free of charge

This is the beginning of my journey into blogosphere. What is it going to be like? Will I survive in this new world which is said to be changing the landscape of journalism? For something that requires no joining fee or writing qualification, I guess there is nothing to lose by hopping on to the bandwagon of online diarists. Just as millions of others who share their opinions with a global audience daily, it is my hope that this blog of mine will give me the space to connect with the international community.
My thanks to John Naughton , the director of the Wolfson Press Fellowship at Cambridge University for his guidance in getting us into this new, exciting world of blogging. My only hope is to emulate his perseverance and discipline in updating his blog on a regular basis.
For those who are already in blogosphere, let me say 'Hello' and hopefully we can create a peace-loving global community as we travel to our destiny.
Incidentally, 'blog' has been identified as the most look-up word on the Internet site of a US dictionary publisher. Merriam-Webster defines blog as "a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments and often hyperlinks". BBC

No comments: