Monday, July 13, 2009

A memorable day for Fairuz ...

Muhammad Fairuz Syuhaimi and his university-mates were among thousands who made their way to the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre on Saturday for the PM's "100 days in office" public gathering. They got to see not just Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak but former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad as well.
When I met him later at a fast-food restaurant, the 19 year-old Fairuz, who is doing Physics at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, was excited about meeting Dr Mahathir.
As proof, the Taiping lad took out his handphone and showed me the photo of him with Dr Mahathir.
I asked him if he could forward me the photo so I could post it on this blog.
"I can do it now if there's wi-fi here," he said and remarked that he had his laptop in his knapsack.
"Well you guys are so IT-savvy...I had to depend on the typewriter when I first joined Bernama," I replied.
As the place was crowded, he said he would emailed me the photo.
So, in keeping to my promise, I'm posting the photo which Fairuz sent to me this morning.
He may not realize it but thanks to Dr Mahathir's foresight, ICT is now part of our daily life.

(It's not difficult to identify Fairuz -- the guy with the knapsack, of course, on the extreme left)

No comments: