Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Minggu ready to step down ...


After four years of leading the Bernama staff union, my good friend Minggu Simon Lhasa is ready to pass the baton.
"I don’t intend to hold the position much longer…it’s time to give way to young blood," said the 41 year-old Minggu.
The union is due to elect new office-bearers at its biennial general meeting on Saturday, 8 August .
Saying he was “forced” to take up the post of union president when there was no taker, Minggu was lost for words when asked what he thought was his achievement as the union ‘chief’.
"I wouldn’t want to be seen as blowing my own trumpet but I have discharged my responsibilities to the best of my ability".
"For me, no issue is petty because if you don’t tackle them, the problem will become big," said the assistant editor of Bernama Economic Service.
Now that he will have more time for himself, will the bachelor Minggu seriously think about settling down?
To this, he chuckled and said: "I don’t think I will have to look for a life partner, if there is someone for me, she will come".

No comments: